Music Video Idea 3

For my final idea, I looked for a more upbeat song that would feature a band. I finally chose a song called Gold Snafu by Sticky Fingers. Sticky Fingers is an Australian reggae indie pop band. The reggae pop style of their music was influenced by bands such as Pink Floyd and Arctic Monkeys. To me, their songs reminds me of hippy decades music.



The original music video also has a retro theme. It is completely narrative based (the song doesn't start until 3:00).


My idea however, is performance based. I wanted to continue the ridiculous and fun element of the track. Sticky Fingers have five members: Lead singer, Bass, Guitar, Keys and Drums. So my video would feature a band of four or five. They will be featured against a plain background of either white or a solid colour. There will be close ups and long shots of the band playing together
The video will contain retro but ridiculous elements such as soap suds, an indoor swing, a disco ball and a ball pit. The whole concept will have a retro decades atmosphere, with background dancers, ridiculous dancing and jumping around.


The visual style of the piece would be retro looking, with decade themed costumes exploding with colour. Everything will be quite over the top, similar to Galantis' music video for Peanut Butter Jelly.





I was also influenced by Capital Cities' music video 'I sold my bed but not my stereo', which also portrays a retro theme. The costumes in this music video is what I imagine the band to be wearing.






The aesthetic design of the shots are almost cartoon like, with a vintage yellow hue and retro props. 
I also took inspiration from Katy Perry's Last Friday Night, which contains a lot of vibrant colours and party scenes. I particularly like the retro colour blocked outfit that Katy is wearing in the video. 


I think this idea fits with the star image of Sticky Fingers. They are of a more reggae pop genre, where their videos are silly and their music is fun. Unlike my previous two ideas, the star image of this band may lean more towards the synthetic side. It is more about the joy and fun that the music gives, than the beauty or meaning behind it. This means that the video is likewise fun and silly, matching the conventions of the band.
Sticky Fingers




Tags:

Share:

0 comments