Evaluation Question 3: What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why? (Continued)

If I had the budget, it would be ideal to partner with a company such as 20th century fox or metro-goldwyn-mayer. However, in reality we have created an extremely low budget student opening.
Instead I looked at lower budget distributions, such as British Independent Film industries. In my research I found Hammer Films. Hammer is a British film production company based in London. It is best known for making thriller classics and noir films, such as Dracula and Frankenstein.

Hammer has professionally and successfully produced thrillers beforehand. Since the company was sold in 2007 by a consortium headed by Dutch media tycoon John de Mol. The company has produced films such as Let me in, The Resident and The Woman In Black.

Before 2007 however, the company continued dormant past it's peak years of mid 50's to 70's. The company was still alive but no one had yet invested in it since.

I would partner with this company; although they have been dormant for decades, they are still producing successful thrillers, particularly in the psychology sub-genre. Compared to other companies, Hammer Films is known for their thrillers and focus their finance and skills towards that genre. I would safely trust Hammer Films to carry out the success of our thriller.


Share:

0 comments