Photoshop: The process of construction



This is my final draft of my product


This design in accordance to Dyer's star theory, shows a less constructed image of a star, and leans towards the selling of music rather than image.  
The sections hiding her face are used to reach out to the target audience, showing them that this artist is more concerned with the music and the genre of alternative music than her star image. 

 I began this design with my own original image:

I then used the Polygonal Lasso Tool to select a section of the subject's face, creating geometric shapes. I then copy and paste it onto a new layer. I then began playing around with moving different sections. 

Select a section of the face with the Polygonal Lasso Tool 

To brighten up the sections and contrast them further to the original image, I used the curves tool on the specific new sections. 

I then attached the curves to that specific layer so that it only applies.

I then repeated this method with multiple sections and stacked them on top of each other. Along with increasing brightness/contrast and decreasing the saturation on some big sections.






Then I began to add some different colouring and adjustments to the image. I began editing the base (original) image by decreasing the vibrance and brightness. 
The base layer is less saturated and darker. 

The adjustment layers for the base image
 I then added curves to brighten the image and changed it to B/W. I chose to do this between the sections of layers I made, so that it only affects half the stack of layers.  I changed the image to B&W as the different shades and hues of purple clashed with the shades of skin and looked ugly. The whole image looked incredibly messy so applying B&W onto the image will blend all the layers together.
The curves and black and white adjustments between the layers affect half of the image while leaving the rest.
I then changed the remaining half of the image to B/W. And began adding the text. I used a random name generator online to come up with the artist. I used the 'Monsterrat Ultra Light' font. 


I then added the album title which I named 'Glitch'. This suited the album artwork and style of design, while fitting with the 'alternative' genre of music.


However I wasn't satisfied with the basic title, so I therefore used the rectangular marquee tool to slice the title in half. I kept the bottom half in tact whilst the top half I decreased the opacity and shifted the section slightly over to the right. This suited the style of artwork much better and now doesn't seem like it's randomly placed on top.








Tags:

Share:

0 comments